Sunday 27 March 2011

it's slowly coming together

While the bikes we have chosen for this adventure are more than capable of handling the dirt, mud and mountains, the standard tyres they come with are not. Something had to be done about if we ever want to get off the pavement, and we do...

After some good advice from fellow adventure riders and the folks at 5 Star Yamaha (cheers Tony), I've finally settled on Mitas e07 Dual Sport tyres. It looks like they've had some great reviews and trusted sources tell me that I should get about 12000km out of them.

I booked the bike in today for it's final service before it gets loaded on the ship. I hope to get those fancy new shoes and a few other bits and pieces put on at the same time.

slowly but surely it's all coming together...

My Spot device rocked up too, it's that little orange thing i the photo below. A great little invention that lets my freinds and family to track my progress on Google Maps but it also has a panic button that sends in the cavalry if I ever find myself in a spot of bother. Does it work? No idea but it should at least keep the mother happy.

the spot device

No comments:

Post a Comment