Monday 21 March 2011

The Gear

Ok so I've probably spent a heap and cash on a heap of crap I'll never need or use. Preparing for a 4 month trip through countries where you don't know what to expect, what you can buy and what you'll be doing can create a long and questionable shopping list.






There was one thing I decided I would never compromise on and that's my safety. I got myself a decent helmet by Icon, a great multi-purpose armored jacket by Dri-Rider, all weather gloves, leather boots and some kevlar jeans. If all that fails, I'm hoping my comprehensive travel insurance lives up to the flashy brochure.

So here's what's coming along for the ride:
  • Baby Taylor Travel Guitar (never travel without it)
  • First Aid Kit including Sharps (BYO needles!!)
  • Tyre Pump and Puncture Repair Kit
  • Leatherman Wave Multi-Tool
  • Maglite Torch
  • Deet Insect Repellant
  • iPad
  • Sony Cybershot Digital Camera
  • Thermals
  • Spare Oil Filter, Air Filter & Cables
  • Rope
  • Lots of Spare Straps!
  • Spot Device
  • Zippo
  • Boiling Tin/Pan 
  • Tool Kit
  • Clothes
  • Tent
  • Mattress
  • Mosquito Net
  • Sleeping Bag
  • Hip Flask!
  • Pepper Spray
  • Zip Ties
  • Batteries
  • Walter Filter

No comments:

Post a Comment