Wednesday 23 March 2011

did you say Mexico?

I discover today that it may take up to 65 days to get my bike shipped from Fremantle in Western Australia to South America. To make my June arrival date, that means my bike may have to leave in as soon as 2 weeks. F*$K!

If I'm to meet up with my mate Charlie, he needs to give me a destination to send this Tenere ASAP! Problem is that he's pretty happy to just carry on his trip pretty footloose and fancy free. I understand that too, the guy wants to live a life for a year without having somewhere to be. Good on him...

I forward him the freight quote with 3 destinations and 3 lead times to plead my case. Phone call...BINGO!

After a good catch up, it sounds like his bike will back on the road this week after a small ($5000) bingle. He decides he should be just about done with Mexico by the time I get over there in June. He says "find a port on the pacific side of South Mexico, I'll meet you there". I just love the way that sounds. This is an ADVENTURE man!

So that's it I think, Mexico it is. Just waiting on the new freight quote and shipping tiime estimate to lock this thing in!

No comments:

Post a Comment